Today is exactly one month until the greatest day that has occurred in the world since 1986. My birthday! I will be celebrating 28 years on this earth. I am a little apprehensive because Year 27 was filled with many life changing events and Year 28 is the start of my biggest one yet - preparing to leave New York for graduate school.
Maybe one day this month, I'll get into the many things I've learned this year, but for now we are going to talk about goals. Things I want to finish before 28 happens. Or things I want to start for 28. Either way, let's get to listing!
- Finish editing my full length manuscript: Most of the poems have been edited. All I need to do is tweak a few additions and the layout. I could do that in a month.
- Raise more money for the publication of my two books: This won't be finished by my birthday, but some progress would be nice. And a donation would make a nice birthday gift =) (Publish Me Fundraiser on GoFundMe)
- Start my 'Bucket List of Things To Do Before I Move Away For Two Years' list: Come play with me! Do something with me. You'll miss me when I'm gone and some of these things would make nice birthday gifts. Plus I love my friends (or even new friends...anyone reading from New York?) and want to spend time with them.
- Write a song: I've been itching to go into the studio and make some music or write some lyrics. Got ish on my mind and I miss the music world. Just a little bit.
- Make a business move: Whether it's having a meeting with my team or finishing some of my business planning, I want to finish something. I recently did a solo job for someone and let me tell you: It's nice to get paid!
- Find some peace over some situations: There's stuff that has happened in my life that isn't for the public to know (unless you read between the lines well. Then you're a smart cookie.). I want to find the peace of resolving issues and moving on to having active relationships with people again or find the peace in moving on, forgiving, and accepting that certain people are no longer a part of my life. It takes more than just me, but if it comes down to just me, then I am looking for the strength for that.
- Create something new: Something, anything! Constantly have stuff going on, but I am itching for something new. There is something brewing inside.
And I think that's it! There's probably more, but for now - this is what June is about. Let's see what happens.
Till next time,