The Book Jumper strikes again! This time I have a list from a once in a lifetime adventure (okay, maybe this might happen again, but definitely not anytime soon!) to the Strand Books Warehouse. The warehouse is a labyrinth of books in no particular order that makes sense to the average person. You have to search up, down, side to side and around the world for a book that catches your attention or your particular genre. The warehouse is moving from its Flushing Avenue location in Brooklyn to a bigger warehouse, so to help ease the hardships of moving, they are having a sale this weekend only!
Paperbacks are $1 while hardcovers are $2 and everything else is up to $5. You can get a bag and fill it till your heart's content for $15 or fill a box for $30.
I am a creature of habit and obsession so all the books I acquired for myself were poetry books (with the exception of three and some random DVDs and audiobooks for my mom). It was a heck of a mission to find any, having to guess by title and shape if a book was possibly a poetry book. I got there around 2:30 and I didn't leave until their 5 o'clock closing. In the end, I found 32 poetry books. For 15 bucks, that is an amazing and dreamlike steal.
A warehouse full of books with the snow falling outside - cozy right? Swoonville!
Since I am a shareaholic, I spent some time typing up a list of my finds and providing links to where you can buy them (mostly Amazon, my favorite site in the world!). Let's read them together or let me know if you have read any of them before and what you thought of them in the comments.
- Nerd Haiku by Robb Pearlman
- The Broken Word by Adam Foulds
- Byt by William Fuller
- Panic by Laura McCullough
- Mole by Patrick Warner
- Treason by Terese Svoboda
- Light's Reservoir by Rebecca Lilly
- Obscenely Yours by Angelo Nikolopoulos
- The Time at The End of This Writing by Paolo Javier
- Scratching for Something by Kim White
- Trace by Eric Pankey
- Green is for World by Juliana Leslie
- The First Flag by Sarah Fox
- Roads by Joseph Spece
- Rough Day by Ed Skoog
- Failure and I Bury The Body by Sasha West
- Alight by Fady Joudah
- Handling Destiny by Adrian Castro
- The Swing Girl by Katherine Soniat
- Saltwater Empire by Raymond McDaniel
- Bright Body Aliki Barnstone
- Road Scatter by Sandra Meek
- Facing It Again by Corinne Robins
- Writers Writing Dying by C.K. Williams
- The Next Hunger by Cloutier Green
- Mother Desert by Jo Sarzotti
- Upriver by Carolyn Kremers
- The Exchange by Sophie Cabot Black
- Swoop by Hailey Leithauser
- Necessities by Christopher Merrill
- Living in Quiet by David Kherdian
- From A Season of Sleep by Sreya Bremtin
Tomorrow, February 16th is the last day so go go go! Here's a link to help you figure out where you are going: Book Sale!