As a part of my "I am doing it no matter what" attitude, I would like to speak about some of my goals. Not all of the details or the progress, just what they are. They say if you speak it into existence...so let's see how this goes when I do it my way. This is in no particular order.
- Publish a book by any means necessary.
- Start a micro-chapbook press that is inclusive to writers on all levels.
- Write more haiku, a form that I love.
- Share my work in Instagram, even if it means I am in danger of becoming an "Instagram poet". I just want to share.
- Work for a non-profit on a professional level (marketing, management, writer, ahh - just look at my resume here).
- Blog more. About anything.
- Build websites for artists.
- Get The Write Movement off the ground and truly start my own non-profit.
- Travel to places around the country to study writing.
- Gain more skills in digital media.
- Learn more about publishing as a whole (maybe take classes or just read a lot, we'll see).
- Learn about book design.
- Experiment more with writing.
- Create a photography project.
- Start a podcast.
- Do more graphic design.
- Help my friends in their creative pursuits.
- Help the Chicago Writers Association be all that it can be.
- Volunteer with other literary organizations.
- Publish some good old fashion journalism. At least once with some publication.
- Submit to literary stuff when I want to, if I want to.
- Create an app (I know for what, just not sharing the idea on here - contact me if you are curious).
- Work for an app again even with the danger of companies closing at anytime (I like working in tech).
- Be happy, no matter the outcome or the level of support.
Okay, so that last one is harder than it seems. I want support for the things I do and I want to succeed. Who doesn't want that?
But I also want to be able to live with failure. If I fail, at least I tried. Really tried. It's better than just getting up and going to work to pay the bills. I have to do that too, but I want to be able to go to work, then come home and work some more on the things that make me happy. I've done it before, juggling 40+ hours and go to readings, find time to write, design, and more. I've done it and for a while, people saw that. It felt nice.
The difference is that I want to do that and not care who sees. If you recognize my work and want to work with me, great. I am all about collaboration, team work, and hard work. If you don't, then hey, I am still working because it makes a difference somewhere in the world. Keeps me alive.
This list is for me only. Yes, it involves work involving other people, but if it doesn't happen, well...I guess I am only accomplishing some of these goals. I want to share because if you get inspired, let that take you somewhere.
These aren't resolutions by the way. These are my continuous life goals. Not saying this because it's the beginning of a new year. I am not starting these tomorrow, I am just starting.
Let's see what I can do...
Till next time,